This so common within any company leads us to consider the possibilities of the collaborative tools that Microsoft O365 offers to facilitate the way of working in companies. In addition, we have solutions included in Office 365, such as Sharepoint as a business intranet.
What are the advantages of SharePoint development for an employee portal?
Sharepoint, included in Office 365 business productivity plans, is Microsoft’s tool. O365 tools are developed on the Azure platform in the Infrastructure as a Service model, better known as IaaS.
The developer will be the one who adapts the Office environment to the needs of the company, although if your provider has a private IaaS environment, the project could also be developed in infrastructure other than Azure.
For companies to become familiar with Office 365, we recommend carrying out small projects accompanied by an IT consultant who establishes the implementation roadmap. The most common is to start with the migration of mailboxes to Outlook (mail tool). Then, the best-known Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) could be unified in a document manager (Sharepoint) that allows greater control over the editing of files, regardless of who has modified them, so that you always have access to the latest version and favour access to documentation for displaced employees.
SharePoint development companies know exactly how to use and make productive different models that provide in an agile, flexible and scalable way, endless business solutions related to collaboration, communication, business intelligence and knowledge management.
With SharePoint you can build:
- intranet solutions
- Employee portal [See Why you need an employee portal in your company]
- Web portals with powerful content management
- Collaboration sites with customers and suppliers
- Management of quality or incidents and requests, or projects, or product launches, or committees, as well as balanced scorecards, process management based on requests of all kinds
- Application and back-office web fronts
It allows you to create personalized workgroups and edit documents among several users, thus improving internal company communication and participation.
Its offline working mode also makes it possible to continue working on files when there is no Internet connection available.
Why do I need an Intranet with SharePoint?
- Automate your business processes: alerts and notifications, workflows, synchronize files, collect data (workflows) and flow (action-reaction between applications)
- Put an end to unnecessary time wasted searching and locating documents.
- To avoid excessive use of email.
- Avoid file clutter
- Have access to all your work files at any time and from anywhere, eliminating those limitations of being able to work only at the workplace.
- Greater efficiency in managing projects and workflows
- Improve the management of team members involved in the same project.
- Integration with Microsoft Project and Outlook helps you with deadlines and delivery dates for assigned responsibilities
- You don’t need to know any programming language.
- It allows the deployment of business intelligence (BI) tools on the portal, such as Power Pivot (data analysis) and Power BI (view and share data), through graphs and filters that help analyze a commercial, financial and operations level.
What are the keys to the potential of Sharepoint in a company?
- In the Cloud, you benefit from greater flexibility in your workspace since you have access to all documents from wherever you are. By integrating with OneDrive you can edit documents in real-time at the same time as other people
- Total mobility with the possibility of executing an automatic redirection to the SharePoint version of the mobile browser, as well as access to all Office Apps to edit your documents from any device
- Possibility of collaboration in multiple tasks accessible from anywhere
- Communication with the members of your company is essential. SharePoint helps you by facilitating the use of social and collaboration systems through its platform, in which it has incorporated functions such as:
- Integration with Yammer, Microsoft’s business social network.
- Discussion boards, promoting participation.- Specific community sites, with moderators and personalized management.
- Own profiles for each user, where you can put our information, as well as create blogs in order to share your own content.
- SharePoint IT control adapts to the different environments of your company, being able to manage security, manage corporate governance and develop solutions on the platform if new needs arise.
Also Read About: Why choose our SharePoint consultancy services for your business?
If you want to create an employee portal for your company, at Al Rafay Consulting we help you choose the most suitable technology for your company. We begin with a phase of analysis of the needs of your company and your employees. We continue with the development of the functionalities until you can have the collaboration platform that you need.