Forbes Magazine had recently announced that data is the new oil and data science is the sexiest career path of the 21st century. The enormous growth and expansion of the data science industry have proved their words to be true.
A career in data science can be exciting, well-paying and puts you on the front seat to witness the latest innovations in any field. There’s no better than now to consider pursuing a masters in data science and becoming an accomplished data scientist.
Data scientists are some of the most well-paid professionals in the tech industry in Germany and across the world. According to a report by Payscale.com, data scientists in Germany can earn around € 65,000 annually. In addition to that, you can expect a lot of career diversity in this field.
Also read Data Science Master Program In Sydney
Let’s take a closer look at some of the career advantages you can enjoy as a data scientist and how you can qualify for the job.
What are the upsides of choosing a data science career?
A data science career can allow you to explore a plethora of professional domains including healthcare, finance, IT and marketing. Here are the most important advantages of considering a career in data science.
- The data science industry is continually expanding and adding new jobs
- Most of the jobs in data science let you create actual impact for your organisations
- A decent qualification in data science can ensure you get access to many well-paid roles within the industry.
- A data science career equips you with many problem-solving skills like curiosity and strong analytical skills
- Becoming a data scientist will allow you to witness innovations and technological developments
- You can earn great compensation packages which can allow you to be financially independent.Read also : Data Science Master program Certification .
What kind of career prospects can you look forward to as a data scientist?
Here are a few popular career options that you can explore with a degree in data science.
- Data analyst
- Business analyst
- Business intelligence analyst
- Data architect
- Machine learning engineer
- Database administrator
How can you become a successful data scientist?
Strictly speaking, you don’t need a formal data science degree to start a career in this industry. However, many companies specifically look for people who are appropriately qualified.
You can implement the following suggestions to become a good data scientist within a short time.
- Enrol in a good data science programme
- Keep yourself updated with the latest developments in Big Data and machine learning
- Gather industry certifications in data science
- Try to secure internship opportunities in relevant data science companies
A good data science programme can give you the industry exposure and skills you would need as a qualified data scientist. It can also help you network with industry professionals and learn from their experiences.
Start your search for appropriate data science courses from reputed universities today to embark on your data science career.
Read also : IS SW418 SABONG A LEGAL CORPORATION?