Real estate is a highly competitive field, and as a realtor, you cannot afford to lose out on any opportunity to market yourself. This includes digital marketing and especially email marketing.
Emails are everybody’s go-to today and, as such, are an excellent tool to keep in touch with both clients and prospects. You can engage your audience by providing information they need, want, or care about through email.
In this email marketing guide for real estate, we’ll talk about what real estate email marketing is, its perks, and strategies that can be used to achieve success. We’ll also discuss what you need to look for while choosing an email marketing software for your business.
What is Real Estate Email Marketing?
Email marketing is writing and delivering targeted messages to sell a product or service.
The idea of email marketing for real estate is to develop a relationship with prospects and clients and position yourself in their minds as an expert in the field. Thus, you must use emails to craft and deliver messages that showcase your knowledge of the real estate industry. This could be in the form of educating leads about the value of homes in their area, talking about the overall climate of the real estate market, telling them where they could get low-interest home loans, and so on.
Perks Of Email Marketing For Real Estate Business
There are many perks of email marketing for real estate business, including:
- Nurturing Relationships With Leads: The decision to buy or sell a home is a big one, and a person may not be ready to do it immediately, but when they are, they will remember you if you manage to maintain a relationship with them. An email marketing tool, which is a common feature of any good real estate CRM, can also be used in conjunction with social media. In that case, generating leads and following up on them is pretty straightforward.
- Segmenting Your Audience: Not all your audience will want the same content. For example, the emails you send to buyers and sellers cannot be the same. Email marketing is a great way to segment your audience into groups based on whether they are buyers, sellers, their geographical area, whether they want to rent instead of buying, previous clients, new clients, etc. This allows you to keep track of all your contacts and their positions in your business.
- Educating Audiences: People often spend a lot of time researching before they decide to buy or sell a house. Consumers can be offered continuous information about the real estate industry through your emails. In that case, you position yourself as a trusted expert, making them more likely to approach you when they need to buy, rent or sell a property.
Strategies For Your Next Real Estate Email Campaign
You’ll need to choose what kind of emails to send based on what works best for your workflow and your clients’ needs. You can choose a real estate email campaign that works for you from the following list:
- Email Newsletter: This is among the easiest email marketing strategies and is therefore great for beginners. Like normal newsletters, email newsletters also go out in preset periods, like weekly or monthly. You can use these newsletters to share your latest listings, property trends in your area, upcoming events, etc. The content is entirely up to you. Remember that providing valuable information through these newsletters will keep you at the top of your audience’s list when they need a realtor.
- Follow-ups and Referral Requests: Emails are a great way to follow up with past clients and keep them in your active network. You can write an email (or a set of them) asking them how they are enjoying their new home, and if they’re satisfied, you can even ask for referrals. Remember to send such emails only a few weeks after closing the deal.
- Welcome Emails: A welcome email is an automated email (or set) that gets sent to a new subscriber. It provides information about what they can expect through the subscription and how often emails will be sent. You can use welcome emails to drive engagement early by getting your new subscribers to click a link, share something, or even reply to your email directly. Just remember to make them feel good about joining your subscription list.
- Event Announcements: Whether you’re trying to sell in person or hosting virtual showings, emails can be used to inform your audience about such events. These emails should be sent in a timely manner, and with prior notice to the date of the event.
No matter what your strategy is, remember to be yourself and establish your personality through your emails. It makes the right people connect with you and establishes you as a trustworthy realtor.
Choosing An Email Marketing Software:
You can only do so many in-person meetings. Therefore, many conversations will happen online and through emails. While choosing your email marketing software, you must ensure that the software offers certain tools which are essential for optimal results. These include:
- Sign up forms to collect customer information.
- Segmentation tools to automatically classify subscribers into preset groups based on their geographical location and whether they are buyers, sellers, or renters.
- Email automation tools to automate the sending of standard emails like welcome emails, follow-up emails, etc.
- Analytics software to keep track of engagement.
- Branding tools allow you to show who you are through emails and newsletters.
Real estate CRM software often has tools that help you manage your marketing campaigns, including email marketing campaigns. SellDo is one such software which is considered to be one of India’s best real estate CRM software. It is a unique combination of industry knowledge and technology expertise that was made to enhance the overall client relationship experience in the real estate industry.