2020 was a challenging year for almost every organization. Enterprises adopted many trial and error methods to adapt to the sudden market changes for business survival. Business continuity depended on making quick decisions, sometimes even with missing information. Hence, moving into 2022, many companies are accelerating their cloud digital transformation journey. By rebuilding full-fledged tools, processes, and experiences in the cloud, accessible from anywhere, enterprises can remove information gaps to make informed business decisions.
So, let’s look into the factors accelerating digital transformation and how cloud adoption makes the transformation journey successful.
Crucial Forces Providing the Impetus for Digital Transformation in 2022
Many companies are readily taking up the opportunity to begin their digital transformation in 2022 by automating and integrating processes for realizing the powerful benefits of digitization that enable them to stay competitive in the changing market. Some crucial forces that provide the impetus for digital transformation are:
With outdated processes and tools, companies are unable to meet customer expectations. An omnichannel customer experience with real-time adaptability is what customers seek today. This necessitates cloud transformation and the adoption of integrated cloud-based business applications. Integrating data across Customer Relationship Management (CRM), sales, and communication platforms using cloud computing, helps enterprises gain up-to-date insights on customer needs.
Read: Clevo NH70 Laptop Review: Details, Buying Guide Price, and Features
Transforming legacy systems is crucial because these are not flexible enough to meet the evolving needs of the modern workforce. Traditional IT systems cannot adapt to new functionalities or be scaled, are prone to collapse, and do not allow your teams to work virtually.
On the other hand, cloud-based systems housed on external servers have far more computing power than on-premise data centers. The systems are scaled to fit current organizational requirements fueling digital cloud transformation and helping enterprises reap benefits like better performance, uptime, and greater IT agility.
Technology is constantly evolving. So, if your business is not keeping pace with recent technological advancements, it is falling behind. Success today is defined as the agility and drive to rethink, reinvigorate, react, and reinvent. By taking the path to cloud digital transformation, enterprises can be in a perpetual agile state, rethinking, reinventing, and evolving for whatever customers want next.
However, cloud transformation isn’t just about serving customers better. It also involves empowering employees with greater flexibility and increasing business resilience for a competitive advantage. Wipro’s work with Precision Group, one of the largest manufacturing giants in the Middle East, demonstrates how implementing the Oracle cloud-based solution led to a connected factory floor for improved operability, transparency, and efficiency leading to significant business gains and growth.
How Does Cloud Accelerate Successful Digital Transformation?
According to a forecast by Gartner, global spending on public cloud services will reach $600 billion by 2023, up from $497 billion in 2022. With cloud journey transformation, businesses can do much more than save money and streamline processes. The adoption of the cloud makes digital transformation more potent and disruption-proof.
Here are some of the different ways an efficient cloud infrastructure accelerates digital transformation
- Cost Savings: Cloud computing cuts down IT expenditures. By moving to the cloud, an organization no longer has to spend on expensive on-premise hardware and software. The cloud-based systems are securely hosted in off-site, external data centers.
- No More Data Silos: One of the most important goals of digital transformation is to remove data silos. Cloud-based data systems gather, store and analyze data within a single platform to avoid data redundancy and duplication. This way businesses can derive more accurate data insights, while also increasing the speed and efficiency of data retrieval.
- Accelerated Time-To-Market: Cloud computing enables employees to use digital technologies effectively, driving improved outcomes. Companies undertaking digital cloud transformation can bring new products and services to the market faster.
- Improved Customer Experience: With cloud infrastructure, businesses can gain real-time insights using analytical tools to make smarter business decisions, enhancing customer experience. By leveraging machine learning on cloud-based applications, companies can personalize customer journeys to increase overall satisfaction.
- Easy Access From Any Location: This is one of the crucial reasons why cloud application usage took off during the pandemic. With cloud-based systems, enterprises can embrace remote or hybrid working environments anytime, anywhere, and from any device. Cloud computing boosts resilience in the new normal by making business locations agonistic while helping enterprises attain digital transformation goals.
Embark on a Cloud Journey Transformation with Skytap on Azure
Wipro’s report on ‘Making Business Thrive: A Cloud Leader Roadmap for Achieving 10x ROI” indicates cloud leaders can realize several benefits from cloud adoption apart from cost savings and operational efficiencies. These include a 52% improvement in planning and decision-making, a 30% reduction in time-to-market, and a 33% increase in new products and services. However, many enterprises are yet to adopt cloud technology to improve customer experience and productivity. Embark on a digital cloud transformation journey now with Wipro’s Skytap on Azure to truly realize the benefits of the cloud.
Also read: OctaFX Review