Workforce housing is a secure and safe investment, allowing investors to get a stable investment return with the much-needed housing supply for moderate-income groups. Remember that there is a growing gap between the demand and supply of affordable workforce housing. The workforce population is increasing in leaps and bounds, but the housing sector cannot cater to their requirement.
Workforce housing is a stable income generation avenue that performs now and has the potential to return in the future. It provides attractive and durable housing for individuals belonging to the workforce population. Purpose-built housing estates for working families serve the demographic.
Read also : MBC2030 .
v Long-term benefits of workforce housing
The moderate and low-income families from the rural sector in the urban area require a stable life. Along with lifestyle changes and economic hardship, they have to endure a lot of other problems. These individuals need sound and safe housing to reach their job location on time. However, lifestyle structure and the economic aspect do not come into the picture. If you think that investment in residential units is challenging, you are wrong. It’s because it has the potential to help you with long-term returns.
Raed also : SW418 .
The workforce population has various lifestyle structures and economic aspects with which they have to live. These are listed below:
- They share expenses and income across family groups and spend a good part of their income paying wages. Since the workforce housing size is between 6 to 10, and the average income is from 2 to 3 individuals, they have to deal with economic hardship. These individuals cannot spend more than 30% of their income on paying housing, rent, and other expenses. Hence, they are the moderate-income families who are severely cost-burdened.
- These families live in middle and low-income neighborhoods but do not have new housing choices because of economic issues, as expressed by Maxwell Drever. If you look at metropolitan cities, you will see that the new rate of the housing market is increasing in leaps and bounds. However, the workforce population does not have the resources to cope with this change. Hence, their families have to live in old rental units away from the job location.
v What is the way forward?
Affordable workforce housing has multiple benefits for every section of society. It is beneficial not only for working families but also the real estate investors and developers.
- If you look at the community at large, you will see that every individual can benefit from investment in workforce housing construction.
- When real estate investors put capital into constructing workforce housing, they can ensure a smooth return of revenues.
- On the other hand, landlords and homeowners can repurpose their vacant properties into the residential unit to get smooth revenues every month.
- Along with this, Maxwell Drever states that the government must provide grants and financial help to the developers and real estate investors to assist them in constructing the new residential unit.
These are some essential steps that may ensure a better future.
Read also: avple