The lawn is the face of your house, and everybody wants to keep it attractive by beautifying it. There are several ways to do so, like planting different flowers, creating a great landscape, and installing lush green grass. Homeowners have two main choices; the first is to use the seeding technique, and the second is to apply Zeon Zoysia.
This article will explain both the seeding and sodding process; so that the property owners decide which one is the best for their lawn.
Proper Installation Process of Zeon Zoysia
The property owners can decide whether to sodding or seeding when they understand both processes. The clients can choose a variety of grasses to be installed. Below are the steps of proper sod grass installation.
- The first step that the installation team takes is to get the ground ready for installation. The soil should be loosened up to eight inches from the top. Use various tools to remove weeds, trash, debris, and rubble. Then level the ground with rollers and racks.
- The sod grass has to be installed within the day of its arrival. So, property owners have to ensure that the ground is prepared on the day of Zeon Zoysia sod arrival.
- The sod grass installation should start from the edges of the lawn and then side by side. There should be no gaps between each layer laid and gently press the grass; so the roots can take hold in the ground.
- The clients must immediately water the grass; so that the roots start to grow and quickly grip the soil. The watering process has to be done every day, and almost four inches of water has to be applied. But after the proper establishment, water should be applied once a week.
Planting Seed in the Ground
The second strategy to grow grass is to plant seeds in the ground. Most grass installation steps are the same as sodding except for one. Different gasses can be grown with this method, just as sodding. Here are the proper steps to plant grass seeds.
- The ground has to be cleared just like for the sod grass installation. Different racks can clear away the leaves, different grass, stones, and other trash. The installation team can use chemicals called herbicides to kill grass and weeds.
- An important thing to note is that the seeds must spread over the lawn evenly. This step must be followed so that there is no space left.
- Water should be applied daily and in large quantities but ensure that no puddles are formed; so that germination is successful.
Picking Seed or Zeon Zoysia Sod
Below are the important factors that will help you decide if you want to apply seed or order sod grass from suppliers like Atlanta Sod Farms. These points will help the property owners to select which is right for the lawn.
- Although the installation cost of sod grasses like Centipede sod is more than the spreading seed, maintenance costs are minimal after the full installation. The sod rolls are tiny grass with developing roots; this is one reason why the sod costs more.
- Obtaining grass through seeding will take longer as you must wait a few months for the vegetative step to complete. But the sod grass can be fully established within this time.
- The sod grass is created using the latest technology in which the speed of the growth process is accelerated, and the weeds, fungus, and other diseases are less likely to develop.
- The sod grass is pre-established grass that takes less time and effort to develop fully. Whereas spreading seeds on the lawn will take more effort. The reason is that the seeds have to be uniformly applied.
- An issue with seed planting is that the spreading process is often improper, and some patches on the lawn can remain empty. This will look unappealing. But when Zeon Zoysia is installed, the grass will be laid on the yard, making it alluring.
These are the important factors that property owners should consider when applying grass on their lawn. Also, clients must know the seeding and sodding process to make the right decision.
Below are three questions that will help property owners to understand the sodding process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do sod farms grow grass so fast?
The suppliers of various sod grass like Zeon Zoysia use special seeds and grass hybrid plugs. After planting the seeds or plugs, the staff will use water rigorously, mow, and apply fertilizers to speed up the growth process.
Is sod the same as grass?
Yes, the sod is a grass genetically modified to enhance the look of the lawn.
Can I sod over existing grass?
The sod grass will be unable to grow if you install it over existing grass. The roots will have space to go deep into the ground.
Read ibomma for more interested information .